ch-scene - Re: waitpersons for godot

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: waitpersons for godot
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:17:57 -0500

Chris Calloway wrote:

this is all so surreal, it almost has to go on
because:

1) it's actually very rude to pay large restaurant
bills in cash anymore. has been for, like, a couple of
decades. if you can't afford a credit card, what in
the hell are you doing eating here? cart. horse.

And you wonder why the Republican Party keeps sending you all those donation solicitations. "Dude, check out this guy's credit card bill! He eats like a king! He must be one of us!"

Of course, I'm not above believing that those little magnetic strips in the $20 bills are tracking a lot more data than the Feds let on. That's why I only pay in $1s and $5s. And quarters.

4) anyone asking if you need change is not likely to
want your advice about what you'd prefer. they likely
spent time in the back already complaining to
co-workers about something you did. your clothes. your
wine pairing. the inane converstation at your table.
doesn't really matter what. they don't like you. if
they're that self-serving, they could care less what
you think. for all the $30 entrees you throw around,
they likely make more money than you. they are likely
more educated than you. the are definitely better
looking than you. you're just taking up space that
somebody who doesn't want change could fill. get the
fuck out, your prole deadbeat, it's time to turn
table.

Yeah, I know. I took that paragraph out of my original post because I wanted to leave you something to say.

5) triangle.dining. you'll be more at home with the
other wacko cranks.

Dude, is Steve Crisp still around? That sweatpants story is still spoken of in hushed tones among certain circles.

6) now i understand why snatches have been afraid to
rock chapel hill for so long.

Hm. Is that it? I thought they were just afraid to rock, period. Might smear their eyeliner.

13) there's no way the galaxy theater will last, but
it will be fun while it tries.

Did they set off the fog machine hidden in the soffit in the lobby when you were there? Takes it to a whole 'nother level.

AND it's around the corner (well, in Cary terms) from 2 of the best Indian restaurants in the Triangle. What more do any of us need? If Cary rocked as hard as Charlotte, I'd move there.

xo

Ross

p.s. I've had independent confirmation that there are people who don't like having change brought back to them when dining. People, what the fuck is the matter with you?