ch-scene - Re: today's active lifestyles

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: today's active lifestyles
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:50:23 -0500

Woody wrote:
What
I am missing going on now that counts as rock other than Lightning Bolt
and brutal prog?
-Woody

Man Man (from Philly, and their website says they're booked for the Duke Coffeehouse at the end of the month...) play something that is unbrutal yet proggy in a Zappa sort of way, for lack of anything to compare them too. Strange texture shifts and an approach to noise that I can't pigeonhole.

Bendy