ch-scene - Re: Guitar pick ups

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Guitar pick ups
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:34:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Rossi <rossi AT webslingerZ.com> wrote:
> As a point of reference, I'd rather have a sweet
> toneful pick up than
> something with a really hot output. That's what the
> gain on my amp is
> for. In all likelihood these Lindy Fralin pick ups
> for $230 would sound
> fantastic, but that's a lot of dough.

Lindy Fralin are really hot pickups with piercing
feedback with gaininess even with mild overdrive.
They're also made for Fenders.

When you same "sweet toneful," have specific
characteristics, otherwise you are just saying,
"that's what I'd use." I say this because I know you
are capable of saying specifically what those
characteristics are (this dbm level of output with
this particular curve and this particular transient
response).

If you can't, then the invisible hand of Tim Harper
can. :)

And then when you are done, can I have your piercing
pickups? I bet I can get $230 for them on ebay.

If you just want to go by ear, you'll just have to try
a lot of pickups, which will get expensive. Because
your idea of sweet and toneful will just come down to
somebody else's "that's what I use."

I find lots of Gibson replacement parts:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=%22gibson+pickups%22

Luv, 3