ch-scene - Re: Thank God for the 506 (was "nightlight website?")

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Thank God for the 506 (was "nightlight website?")
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:55:37 -0400

The other night ( a Monday or so ago) I had an incredible time at the hip hop show at the 506, so I thought I should put a plug in for that. It was the real deal: something between an open mike and (toward the end) and a hilarious MC battle. Local talent, local crowd, everyone having a good time, MCs hawking their CDs between multiple attacks at the mike. I know it's not the thing of a lot of people on this list, but if you can appreciate people with talent and passion getting their (rare) shot to show it, it's definitely worth getting there on a Monday night. I don't think it's always MC-centric, either; the guy running the show was plugging a Monday-night DJ show, which I think I missed, sadly.