ch-scene - Re: Thank God for the 506 (was "nightlight website?")

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <rossi AT webslingerZ.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Thank God for the 506 (was "nightlight website?")
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:57:24 -0400

Re: Go! shutting down, is this a fact or a rumor?

rossi

James Hepler wrote:
Maybe Go should become a co-op of some sort. How
would that work?

Hep

--- paok <bluefreaky AT earthlink.net> wrote:

You know, if glenn hadn't bought 506, things would
be looking extremely bleak for the chapel hill music
scene right now (instead of just kinda bleak). Go!
is going away, and Nightlight seems destined to do
the same. I really haven't been as excited at
Nightlight's shows lately (when I can actually
figure out what those shows are) as I used to be.
Does anyone know if someone's going to buy Go! and
keep it alive?

Nothing against the Cave, of course--just that it's
so small, and I get claustrophobic a little too
easily there.
phaedra

ps--dyssembler, i believe, is dead. it's last show
was july 9th at ringside. one of its founders is in
costa rica and going to grad school @ yale in the
fall; one other is going to europe as soon as he can
save the cash to go; one other is going to have
twins in a few months. perhaps out of the ashes
some new dance party goodness will spring; perhaps
not.