ch-scene - Thank God for the 506 (was "nightlight website?")

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: paok <bluefreaky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Thank God for the 506 (was "nightlight website?")
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:22:01 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

You know, if glenn hadn't bought 506, things would be looking extremely bleak
for the chapel hill music scene right now (instead of just kinda bleak). Go!
is going away, and Nightlight seems destined to do the same. I really
haven't been as excited at Nightlight's shows lately (when I can actually
figure out what those shows are) as I used to be.

Does anyone know if someone's going to buy Go! and keep it alive?

Nothing against the Cave, of course--just that it's so small, and I get
claustrophobic a little too easily there.

phaedra

ps--dyssembler, i believe, is dead. it's last show was july 9th at ringside.
one of its founders is in costa rica and going to grad school @ yale in the
fall; one other is going to europe as soon as he can save the cash to go; one
other is going to have twins in a few months. perhaps out of the ashes some
new dance party goodness will spring; perhaps not.