ch-scene - Re: Raleigh/the Triangle #4 in underappreciated rock scenes

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Philip Ayers <p.ayers AT philipayers.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Raleigh/the Triangle #4 in underappreciated rock scenes
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:52:40 -0500

Grady-
I have their greatest hits. I love that stuff. It's WAY better than being depressed!
On Mar 10, 2004, at 4:40 PM, grady AT ibiblio.org wrote:

The Carpenters, at their peak, were quite possibly the greatest musical geniuses that this world has ever known. This is made all the more remarkable by how truly utterly horrific they were when they were at their nadir. And more remarkable still by the fact that peak & nadir came so close together.

xoxo

Ross

bendy wrote:
Philip Ayers wrote:
the Carpenters,

I know yer kidding me now.
The Carpenters rock it like a valium overdose. It doens't get any more head-in-the-oven than the Carpenters.
Bendy