ch-scene - Re: Raleigh/the Triangle #4 in underappreciated rock scenes

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: naught AT nil.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Raleigh/the Triangle #4 in underappreciated rock scenes
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:56:39 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan Murrell <duncan AT rattlejar.com> wrote:

> And then, the most absurd thing of all is including the Grateful Dead
> on a list of anything. San Francisco "rockers" must really love that
> one.

Really?! I'm not any sort of obsessive fan of the Dead but it's kind of
hard to ignore their contribution to American music. And for people who
like guitar music, Garcia had a wonderfully inventive spirit that I
think had no real parallel. Maybe you're objecting to them being used
in the same sentence as "rock?" I might make the same case for at least
some of the other acts listed.

Mike Babyak