ch-scene - Re: Ray Davies shot in the leg and is ok.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT example.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Ray Davies shot in the leg and is ok.
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:50:12 -0500

Jeff Hart wrote:

i think ray davies has been pretty outspoken in his embrace of british
tradition. doesn't surprise me at all he's accepted a royal honor.
"arthur" was pretty much full of his philosphy on it.

See, I read "Arthur" as the exact opposite- how British tradition keeps you down, how smugness about the Empire, obviously crumbling around you, keeps you pat. Someone oughta make an American version.

Bendy