ch-scene - Re: What is it with Rockers getting shot these days! Ray Davies shot in

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: jge AT cs.unc.edu (John Eyles)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: What is it with Rockers getting shot these days! Ray Davies shot in
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:03:05 -0000

>http://www.courttv.com/people/2004/0105/davies_ap.html

Humm, purse snatching ? I wonder if any of those happened
here New Year's Eve ? Here's what happened to me ...

I left a party briefly, to see the Moaners with an out of town friend
who'd never seen them. He drove and parked just off Franklin around
the corner from CH Tire. We got out of the car simultaneously, and
right as I was getting out a dude ran up to the passenger door. I
turned and faced him and we stared at each other ahwile. Pretty scary
looking guy with a really bad vibe. Later we noticed him skulking
around West Frankin and acosting a few people. Maybe he figured
it'd be a woman getting out of the passenger side and meant to snatch
a purse.

Be careful out there, John

P.S. The Moaners rocked, but 506 was a truly depressing scene.
Maybe 8-10 people, and one of them started throwing punches
(at an employee) right as we came in.