ch-scene - Re: Ray Davies shot in the leg and is ok.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <rossi AT webslingerZ.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Ray Davies shot in the leg and is ok.
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:10:47 -0500

bendy wrote:
The penultimate paragraph was even more shocking for me...

===
Last week, Davies received royal honors in London. Along with singer-guitarist Eric Clapton, he was named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire at a ceremony on New Year's Eve.
===

...I mean, he dismantled pomp and circumstance so well, and so modestly, it's sad to see him slip into it. Choking on vomit seems to be the only thing that prevents Brit pop stars from falling for the trappings of peerage.

Has anyone in recent history ever turned down royal honors? Any musicians? Maybe he doesn't mind a meaningless pat on the back. It's not like they've given him a feud to lord over.

rossi