cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] Idiotic decision from Berlin as to CC licenses

  • From: Hector MacQueen <hector.macqueen AT ed.ac.uk>
  • To: p.miller AT jisc.ac.uk, Paul Miller <P.Miller AT hull.ac.uk>
  • Cc: Creative Commons UK <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>, p.miller AT jisc.ac.uk, roland AT creativecommons.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] Idiotic decision from Berlin as to CC licenses
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:14:04 +0000

I'm sorry that I'm only catching up with this now - I've been engaged on other
business. It's clear that the licence to be launched on the 19th can only be
an England & Wales one, there being no such thing as a jurisdiction or a law
of
the UK. I would strongly support the suggestion that, to avoid accusations of
legal illiteracy which will seriously undermine the project's credibility here
(and here I mean the UK), it be launched for E&W specifically, with the
promise
of a Scottish version (and indeed a Northern Ireland one) in the reasonably
near
future.

Hector

--