cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] Idiotic decision from Berlin as to CC licenses

  • From: David Harris <cc-uk AT ukitlaw.com>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] Idiotic decision from Berlin as to CC licenses
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:28:21 +0000

> My apologies to English readers for once more banging on about this, but
> this has the capability of damaging next Wednesday's launch for no benefit
> whatsoever and thus affecting CC in England as well.
>
> > The first deadline - which was set for the UK as a whole - is on January
>> [snip]
> > among many reasons for this is our collaboration with the BBC under one
> > single umbrella.

This does seem somewhat tactless and a case of the tail wagging the dog. The
BBC are extremely important as adopters of the licence but to skew the legal
logic to keep them happy seems foolish.

I cant imagine there is any significant disadvantage in having a delay in
releasing a Scottish licence. Ignoring national sensitivities would seem
silly; e.g. will iCC be demanding a single Cypriot CC licence?