cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Are you using a CC-NZ license?? was RE: nz cc marker

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Sam Stephens <sam AT postmoderncore.com>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Are you using a CC-NZ license?? was RE: nz cc marker
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:05:37 +1200

On 7/04/2008 9:53 a.m., Sutherland, Paul wrote:
After an overwhelming silence on list and off list I thought I may
rephrase my question

Who in New Zealand is using a CC-NZ license?
Postmoderncore, the netlabel I run, releases it's material under CC licenses, I've changed everything over to CC-NZ since it came into existance.

Works are under either CC-BY-NC or CC-BY-NC-ND depending on the artists with, although I encourage them to use the less restrictive license. I'm now putting everything under NC having read of photos under CC being incorporated into advertising. Not that I'm totally opposed to commercial use, but I've decided to force anybody who wants to exploit the work commercially to negotiate with me.

The art site that I do the coding for, Dadashopping, also has some works under Creative Commons, according to the wishes of the artists involved.
What is your URL?
http://postmoderncore.com and http://dadashopping.net
Should the CC-NZ website have a CC-NZ license - instead of the "(c) 2007
Humanities Research Network"
Absolutely - need to "lead by example" on this front.