cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] Standardizing JPEG licensing

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: lucas AT gonze.com, discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] Standardizing JPEG licensing
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:36:08 -0500

What's standard practice right now? Are users pointing to the
boilerplate page, or are they pointing to custom pages which contain
contact info? I'd bet they're pointing to the boilerplate page, which
suggests to me that a web service to edit and maintain custom pages
(with contact info) would be a win.

What do you mean by "boilerplate page"? Do you mean a page on their site that only includes the license information? Verify links by definition have to reside on a site the user has control of, since they contain SHA1 hashes of the specific file for verification purposes.

NRY

- Lucas