cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] Standardizing JPEG licensing

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Lucas Gonze <lgonze AT panix.com>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] Standardizing JPEG licensing
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:20:56 -1000

Mike Linksvayer wrote:

Lucas Gonze wrote:

I'd like to suggest one tweak --have the contact info be a URL instead of an email address. Few people are willing to put an email address that they check regularly into a public document, and a URL allows for stuff like the phone number of your management.

I agree regarding URL rather than email, but the "verify at" URL is intended to provide useful info for humans as well as metadata. Put in the crassest possible manner: http://creativecommons.org/technology/embedding#3

What's standard practice right now? Are users pointing to the boilerplate page, or are they pointing to custom pages which contain contact info? I'd bet they're pointing to the boilerplate page, which suggests to me that a web service to edit and maintain custom pages (with contact info) would be a win.

- Lucas