cc-metadata - Re: questions on the RDF/XML

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Lisa Rein <lisarein AT finetuning.com>
  • To: Aaron Swartz <me AT aaronsw.com>
  • Cc: metadata AT creativecommons.org
  • Subject: Re: questions on the RDF/XML
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 10:56:21 -0800

> You can add true statements (this license is called "Attribution 1.0")
> and false statements (this license prohibits owning small monkeys) to
> the RDF. The first is unlikely to cause problems but the second surely will.

Right. -- and right now we only want true statements that can be completely interoperable. No Wildcards.

Which is why, for now, I believe we would rather that people *not* modify their RDF.

lisa

Aaron Swartz wrote:
[hope you don't mind me copying the list]

I don't think we should be telling people to modify the RDF -- it won't match up to the licenses then, right?