cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] [cc-community] Commercial Rights Reserved

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Alex Andrews <alex AT recordsonribs.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] [cc-community] Commercial Rights Reserved
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 07:51:02 +0000

This is not to say that I disagree with your idea of the NC Commons; on the contrary, I think it's an excellent idea.

The NC license has already created this. Everyone keeps going on about how this is a good idea - it already exists despite some greyness in the license!

Maybe CC should be embracing this fact, instead of attempting to rename the license in such a way that ultimately more works with be subject to normal intellectual property laws and less work will be in any type of commons.

Alex

--
Records On Ribs - a record label that releases all its music for free download under a Creative Commons license
http://recordsonribs.com