cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] [cc-community] Commercial Rights Reserved

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: David Chart <bydosa AT davidchart.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] [cc-community] Commercial Rights Reserved
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:59:48 +0900

On 2012/12/14, at 9:42, P-M wrote:

> The point that is being made is that the work is released into a
> non-commercial commons. A commons where people aren't primarily
> exploiting the work of others for private gain.

Creative Commons obviously needs, as a matter of some urgency, to put
together a publicity campaign explaining what the NC licenses actually do,
because either I have completely misunderstood them, or you have, and there
seem to be a significant number of people who agree with each of us.

On my reading, the NC licenses treat all the uses, local band or Toyota,
community group or WALMART, in exactly the same way.

This is not to say that I disagree with your idea of the NC Commons; on the
contrary, I think it's an excellent idea.

--
David Chart
http://www.davidchart.com/