cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] 'Attribution' condition human-readable summary misleading

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.name>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] 'Attribution' condition human-readable summary misleading
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 07:26:45 -0700

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 18:38 -0700, Mike Linksvayer wrote:

> Please (Brianna or anyone) suggest language which is both more accurate
> and "human readable". Seriously -- it may take awhile to make the
> change, but we can change the deeds (but not the licenses), and would
> love to if it makes them more accurate, understandable, etc.

Here's the suggestion I made last year[1] on the subject:

Attribution. You must credit the author or organization by name;
note the title of the work; and give the URI and/or text of any
copyright notices. If you change the work, you must note the
changes.

(The last sentence would be left off for *-ND licenses.)

-Evan

[1] https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-licenses/2006-November/004479.html
--
Evan Prodromou - evan AT prodromou.name - http://evan.prodromou.name/