cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Parallel Distribution Statement

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: James Grimmelmann <james AT grimmelmann.net>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Parallel Distribution Statement
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:40:39 -0500

drew Roberts wrote:

First, we would need to be clear that from Debian's point of view, you are really only interested in BY and BY-SA creators in the first place.

I am not associated with Debian. While I have views about Debian's relationship to CC, and I hope that the appropriate CC licenses will be and will be declared to be Free, I am concerned with improving the usefulness of all of the CC licenses. One of the great things about CC is that its licenses are designed to be useful to very diverse communities of creators.

James