cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Parallel Distribution Statement

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako AT atdot.cc>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Parallel Distribution Statement
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:24:57 -0500

<quote who="Mike Linksvayer" date="Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 11:13:18PM +0000">
> > Absolutely. This is why Erik Moeller and I started the free cultural
> > works definitions to help foster some normative discourse that might
> > push people toward more free works. If you haven't seen it, you can find
> > it at: http://freedomdefined.org
>
> FWIW I recently noticed a very similar effort http://okd.okfn.org/ that
> looks like it launched a few months after yours, presumably without
> knowing of the existing effort.

They may not have known about it before hand but we know about each
other now. I am on the advisory board for OKFN. We've talked, off and
on, about merging the efforts. I'd still like to do it if we can find a
way.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako AT atdot.cc

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS