cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Parallel Distribution Statement

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako AT atdot.cc>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Parallel Distribution Statement
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:28:27 -0500

<quote who="Greg London" date="Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 10:42:43AM -0500">
> You haven't been involved in the discussion on this list so far,
> and your first message is to let us know that you've posted a
> piece encouraging people to come to this list advocating for
> parallel distribution?

I have read every message on this topic, on this list, including the
ones you cite. We linked to Terry's article quoting your text. We
mentioned that it was the strongest argument in favor of parallel
distribution.

I'm sorry that you found the language in our summary of your position
weaker than your own. We understand but don't agree with your position
so it seems unlikely that you'd agree with any treatment we'd give it.

James and I have both operated in good faith and I apologize if you feel
that you've been misrepresented. We provided places to place comments on
every place we posted the article. You have cut and pasted your message
DRM Dave message to to each of them and reposted it verbatim to this
list.

There are half a dozen people who together have sent almost every mesage
on this subject to this list over the last couple months. So far, we
have elicted responses and discussion from those half-dozen people and
from nobody else.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako AT atdot.cc

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS