cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Nova Christopher <n23ova AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:25:12 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, I understand your point. You may decline from
entering the remix competition if you do not wish to
receive a prize in gratis.

Any other ideas on what "monetary gain" would consist
of, in the case of a 'remix competition' and the
Sampling + 1.0 license?

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 04:19 pm, Nova Christopher
wrote:
> is gifting someone a prize, even if it 'cost' me
> something, the same as 'free?' it is, after all,
free
> to the would-be winner of this competition...

> --- drew Roberts <zotz at 100jamz.com> wrote:

Here we have the same old misunderstanding again. When
I said Free, I meant
libre not gratis. I don't care what it costs
personally, I care if it is
Free. (Libre.)