cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:40:23 -0400

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 05:25 pm, Nova Christopher wrote:
> Ok, I understand your point. You may decline from
> entering the remix competition if you do not wish to
> receive a prize in gratis.
>
> Any other ideas on what "monetary gain" would consist
> of, in the case of a 'remix competition' and the
> Sampling + 1.0 license?

OK,

I have gone here:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/legalcode

and here:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/

and searched for "gain" but have not found the word.

I do see "monetary compensation."

Is that what you are referring to?

Now let me go back to your original question:

"Could I host a remix competition from the Wired
magazine samples, found on the ccMixter site?"

Here is a thought/plan of attack...

You host the competition. You point to the samples on the ccMixter site.

Entrants get their samples from the ccMixter site and make their remixes. You
can host the remixes at your site (does anyone disagree?) Or tell the
entrants to put them back up on ccMixter (can anyone see why they couldn't?)

You judge and give the prize.

Will that plan work for you?

Why do you need to be concerned with "private monetary compensation?"

(da idea man)