cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Changing the CC-license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Karl Ebener <myonlyb AT vollbio.de>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Changing the CC-license
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:24:30 +0100

Hi,

tnx again. I did not find the policies-page earlier.

To make it clear for me:

1. LICENSE: "Except where noted otherwise below in our Trademark Policy, all content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license. We do not assert a copyright in the text of our licenses. Modified versions of our licenses, however, should not be labeled as 'Creative Commons' licenses."
=> the license text is NOT under the Attribution license (?! because of "do not assert copyright in the text of our licenses"), I may change the license text but I have to

a. Remove the images of Creative Commons and
b. Remove all hints to Creative Commons
c. I may link to creativecommons.org if I make it clear that this is not a CC license but a derivate.

2. BUTTONS: "Creative Commons License Buttons: The Creative Commons buttons that describe a key term of our license, such as BY, NC, ND, SA, Sampling, Sampling Plus and Noncommercial Sampling Plus may only be used in the context of pointing to a Creative Commons license on the Creative Commons server that includes that license term or to otherwise describe the Creative Commons license, that includes that license term and that applies to a particular work."
=> I cannot use the buttons since I won't use a license that is on the homepage as such.

Is that right?

Thank you very much!!

Karl