cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Changing the CC-license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Adam Fields <cc-licenses345982 AT aquick.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Changing the CC-license
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 11:37:20 -0500

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 01:18:23PM +0100, Peter Brink wrote:
> Karl Ebener skrev:
> >
> > Is there a license for using the CC-license? May I still call it a
> > CC-License if I change Nr. 8 b + c in BY-NC-ND?
> >

> You may change the license, but you may not call it a CC-license if you do.

Really? The licenses seem to be themselves licensed using a BY
license, if the website is any indication. I don't see anything in
those terms about making any changes clear in the derivative work or
not utilizing titles or terminology of the original work.

If you make a derivative work, are you required by the terms of the
license to rename/retitle it?

--
- Adam

** Expert Technical Project and Business Management
**** System Performance Analysis and Architecture
****** [ http://www.adamfields.com ]

[ http://www.aquick.org/blog ] ............ Blog
[ http://www.adamfields.com/resume.html ].. Experience