cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Fwd: Re: Discussion Draft - Proposed License Amendment to Avoid Content Ghettos in the Commons

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera AT zmsl.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Fwd: Re: Discussion Draft - Proposed License Amendment to Avoid Content Ghettos in the Commons
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:03:14 +0000

rob AT robmyers.org wrote:
Basically this is a new module. Let's call it CC-CO, for co-operation.

What?

The reason it is a new module is that it isn't part of SA. Why isn't it part of SA? Because it cannot be part of CC-BY-NC-SA. The FDL clashes with the
NonCommercial clause because the FDL can be used commercially.

And where did you get the NC from? No one has suggested an NC.

But any claim that a BY-SA with FDL relicensing has only the same
modules as a 2.0 BY-SA is plainly false,

I disagree with that blanket statement. We hardly even begun discussing alternatives. You've decided that whatever we come up with must be bad without having to look at what we come up with?

I am not a lawyer,

Yet you're positive that there is nothing that can be done to change the status quo.

I have suggested two things that might work. Other people, cleverer than I and more knowledgeable might come up with something better.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
/\/`) http://oooauthors.org