cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] (c) 2005 All of humanity

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Alexander Genaud <alexgenaud AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] (c) 2005 All of humanity
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:54:58 +0200

Dear protectors of the commons,

I am curious if one may grant a copyright to others, specifically
everyone, and what implications that might have.

(c) 2005 All of humanity

It seems to me that granting a copyright to everyone would ensure most
(if not all: royalties, source code) of the requirements of the open
source and copyleft definitions, with the advantage of simplicity and
compatibility with all open source licenses, while ensuring a work
does not become proprietary!

Are there any immediate disadvantages or legal issues inherit in such
a copyright?

Alex