cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] (c) 2005 All of humanity

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera AT zmsl.com>
  • To: lx AT pobox.com, Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] (c) 2005 All of humanity
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:55:42 +0100

Alexander Genaud wrote:
Dear protectors of the commons,

I am curious if one may grant a copyright to others, specifically
everyone, and what implications that might have.

(c) 2005 All of humanity

You probably want "public domain".

Are there any immediate disadvantages or legal issues inherit in such
a copyright?

The only disadvantage of "public domain" is that someone can extend it and make a non-open derivative. In other words, I can grab your work, make changes to it, and give it to people but under closed terms.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
/\/`) http://oooauthors.org