cc-licenses - Re: designer patterns using CC

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "kebunhouse" <kebunhouse AT gmail.com>, "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: designer patterns using CC
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:31:58 -0400 (EDT)

> In my opinion, the fashion industry is still slow to adopt new
> technologies and ways to spread information. It is still very much, at
> least on the manufacturing side, old world.

A friend of mine has a fully programmable sewing machine.
You can download patterns into this thing, push a button,
and it can create some crazy stuff. Only thing is the
machine cost five grand.

physical stuff will be slower to adopt creative commons
licensing simply because it is more expensive to
convert electronic files to real-world applications.

Get a cheaper santa claus machine and you'll likely find
more people putting up santa claus files.

--
Bounty Hunters: Metaphors for Fair IP laws
http://www.greglondon.com/bountyhunters/