cc-licenses - Re: Pool of compatible works

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <dcarrera AT math.umd.edu>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Pool of compatible works
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:55:42 -0500

Rob Myers wrote:

> >If you go to other languages, and click on the legal code link, you
> >always arrive at the same license (in English).
>
> I don't encounter that.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/deed.es

Click on "texto legal (la licencia completa)"

> >I'm just starting a project using the BY license. Our copyright notice
> >says:
> >
> > You can distribute it and/or modify it under the terms of ... the
> > Creative Commons Attribution License, version 2.0 or later
> > http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
>
> The licenses handle upgrading. See clause 4b again:
>
> "You may distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly
> digitally perform a Derivative Work only under the terms of this
> License, a later version of this License with the same License Elements
> as this License, [...]"
>
> So the licenses do work as one would expect them to for working with
> new and internationalised licenses.

One second, I can't find that language at all. Are we looking at the same
license? This is what I'm looking at:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode

If you do a text search for "later" you won't get any hits. There are only
two
instances of the word "version":

* 1b: '... motion picture version, ...'
* 3a: '... You create from the Work ("cover version")...'

The language you are quoting doesn't seem to be in the license.

Help!

Daniel Carrera | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today! | I want it Tuesday.
http://oooauthors.org |