cc-licenses - Re: distribution of licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: distribution of licenses
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:39:42 -0500 (EST)

>>On Monday 07 March 2005 07:20 am, Greg London wrote:
>>> I really don't want to get into
>>> a debate about "art for arts sake" versus
>>> "argument ad lazarum"

I really, REALLY, didn't want to get into this.
If someone wants to bind themselves to noncommercial use too,
that's fine. Whether it makes sense or not, at least it isn't
an oxymoron name. I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

I would rather bring the discussion back to finding
a name for CC-NC-SA that doesn't use the phrase
"ShareAlike".

Either "FanClub" or just "Shared" or something.