cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] About the Practical Workshop on the Use of CC Materials

  • From: "jing wang" <jing AT MIT.EDU>
  • To: "'Jack Qiu'" <jacklqiu AT gmail.com>, "'Chong Chan-yau'" <chanyau AT hku.hk>
  • Cc: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org, mklwong AT hkucc.hku.hk
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] About the Practical Workshop on the Use of CC Materials
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:31:36 -0400

Hi,

My name is Jing Wang, the Chair of International Advisory Board of CC China
Mainland. I've been working with the CC China Project Lead Prof. Wang
Chunyan to build cc infrastructure in rural China through collaboration with
GreenWeb.

I agree with Jack completely that CC is not just for the elites. Currently,
some socially marginalized groups such as the Migrant Workers Art and
Performance Troupe (Jack may be talking about the same group) are using cc
licenses (attribution, NC, ND). They have a website 大声唱
http://cn.creativecommons.org/index.php/page/2/www.dashengchang.org.cn

Best, Jing Wang