cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Horizon 20/20 open access / open data requirements

  • From: "T. Margoni" <t.margoni AT uva.nl>
  • To: Timothy Vollmer <tvol AT creativecommons.org>, "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Horizon 20/20 open access / open data requirements
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 23:11:03 +0100

This is great news and things are, slowly, moving.

There should also be a German copyright reform effective as of 2014
saying that authors of scientific articles have an unwaivable right to
republish in green oa after 6 months. John, do you have more details on
this?

As far as I know that would be a unique approach in the EU, other
members have obligations to republish (spain, uk, italy) but don't
address copyright issue... This is a problem, as it leaves
authors/researchers in the uncomfortable situation to have OA
obligations towards funders and request to transfer copyright from
publishers...