cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] EU Culture Programme Funding

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: Christian Villum <villum AT creativecommons.dk>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] EU Culture Programme Funding
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:03:41 +0200

Dear all,

I've done some initial reading of the guidelines, and here's a list of the available strands. Herkko is righ in pointing out that Strand 2: advocacy network, is most feasible with only 20% own investment. there are some strange financing rules though in this strand - anyone willing to read this in-depth ASAP?

another question is, how do we obtain the needed 20%, which is at the minimum 20 000 EUR. can we share these costs between our orgs? how exactly this would work? this is something that we'd need to find out ASAP, probably through a national CUlture PRogramme contact point - they should be willing to help. again, anyone willing to do this (we're unfortunately swamped with commitments and we're moving our office on top of that).

the 10th of Oct deadline is quite crazy, but probably doable. 7th of Nov is much safer - but these are strands with 40-50% own funding, which I don't think we can obtain. though the last one, for cultural policy work, looks like something very useful for our CC / open / glam policy work.

one thing that's not clear from the guidelines is to what extent our core activity fits into the program - or whether we need to refocus on cultural issues a bit more

here's the list:

Strand 1.1 – Multi annual cooperation projects
*over a period of three to five years. Funds of between a minimum of EUR 200 000 and a maximum of EUR 500 000 per year are available, but EU support is limited to a maximum of 50% of the total eligible cost.
*extended to 7. November 2012 (12.00 h Brussels time)

Strand 1.2.1 - Cooperation measures
*Funds ranging from a minimum of EUR 50 000 and a maximum of EUR 200 000 are available, but EU support is limited to a maximum of 50% of the total eligible cost.
*extended to 7. November 2012 (12.00 h Brussels time)

Strand 2 - Annual
Strand 2 Annual operating grant for organisations active at European level in the field of Culture:
a) Ambassadors
b) Advocacy Networks
*The maximum amount of grants that are available varies from EUR 100 000 and EUR 600 000, depending on the category applied for, but EU support is limited to a maximum of 80% of the total eligible costs or of the costs estimated in the proposed work programme (see Chapter VII.5.2 for support ceilings).
*extended to 10. October 2012 (12.00 h Brussels time)

Strand 3.2 - Cooperation projects between organisations involved in cultural policy analysis
*The maximum amount of the grant is 120.000€ a year, representing maximum 60% of the eligible costs.
*extended to 7. November 2012

best,

Alek
--