cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] EDRI

  • From: Mathias Klang <klangm AT chalmers.se>
  • To: "<cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] EDRI
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:00:03 +0200

Good points Gisle.

I believe that it is possible to balance CCs core values and goals while
maintaining a working relationship with other organizations. Implicit in the
goal (for me) to provide copyright licenses are the facts that (1) we are not
anti copyright (2) we want to aid people overcome some elements of copyright
access.

I am happy to work with EDRI in the same way I am happy to work with Free
Software Foundation, Wikipedia, museums, archives and libraries. I would be
uncomfortable attempting to work with someone striving to ban copyright and
we do not have (as an organization) legitimacy outside the wider area of
copyright licenses but these limitations taken into consideration: I am for
the principle of non profits working together.

Mathias

=====
Mathias Klang
+46705432213