cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] EDRI

  • From: Wolf Ludwig <wolf.ludwig AT comunica-ch.net>
  • To: Federico Morando <federico.morando AT polito.it>, Jonas Öberg <jonas AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] EDRI
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:42:39 +0200

Dear Jonas and all,

as said by various colleagues before, EDRI is doing an excellent work on the
rights level and collaboration shouldn't be a question at all. The problem is
- in my perception at least - that there are many like-minded initiatives in
Europe (and elsewhere) struggling for similar goals and issues like CC -
Public Domain - Open Access - Internet Rights & Principles, users' rights
etc. all doing important advocacy and work in their corner but with rather
limited coordination and exchange ... Therefore, whatever helps to improve
cooperation and to strengthen synergies is welcome and needed! Our
counterparts at the IP-, PIPA, SOPA or ACTA front always try their best to
make their voices heard and interests enforced ;-)

Best, Wolf

Federico Morando wrote Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:48