cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Welcome to 2012!

  • From: Jonas Öberg <jonas AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Welcome to 2012!
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 14:11:26 +0100

Dear all,

and welcome to a brand new year! It's my pleasure to start the year by welcoming our newest affiliates to the network. Wikibilim from Kazakhstan and the Society for Open Information Technologies from Slovakia.

We have an exciting year ahead of us and as you've seen discussed on the list plans are underway to see about what opportunities we can find to meet each other in person during 2012. For myself, I would like to see us having at least five different opportunities for this during the year. Four of these would be thematic, and not all affiliates might be able to or want to attend.

But I'm also looking at us doing a larger European affiliate meeting sometime just after summer, about a year after our last meeting in Warsaw. If you have ideas for this, please let the list know. The aim would be to bring all 35+ European affiliates together, so it needs to be planned some time in advance, and we'll need to ensure that the location is suitably central for most affiliates.

And: we should float ideas for the 10 year anniversary of the CC licenses, which will come at the end of this year. Timing is quite appropriate, given the 4.0 process. If anyone has ideas about this, let us know. I know HQ would love to hear of any ideas too.

But enough about me, what about you? What are your plans?

Jonas Öberg, Regional Project Manager - Europe
Creative Commons
Phone: +46 31 7802161

Please donate to the CC Annual Campaign, going on now! https://creativecommons.net/donate