cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Welcome to 2012!

  • From: Wolf Ludwig <wolf.ludwig AT comunica-ch.net>
  • To: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>, Jonas Öberg <jonas AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Welcome to 2012!
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:48:01 +0100

Dear all,

I very much like this proposal from Alek pushing for "to plan or start
>European-level collaboration on non-legal activities" and "some sort of
>promotional campaign for openness ...". Because I think, the political
context and outreach level is somehow as important as the mere
"technical or legal" aspects.

I have followed the discussions over the last days on next 2012 meeting
opportunities, and I would like to mention and add another event:
the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) scheduled
for 14/15 June 2012 in Stockholm. One of the key concerns of EuroDIG
has been principles of openness and identifying new standards ... so far,
why not organizing a Workshop on CC-licences at this opportunity
in / for Stockholm? See --
http://www.eurodig.org/

The "official" deadline for submission of 2012 proposals expired two
days ago but as I am part of the program coordination, we can still
consider any input or proposal from CC-Europe!

Would be pleased to assist and help on any promotional efforts.

Best,
Wolf
(I am also a rather marginal part of the Swiss CC-group)

Alek Tarkowski wrote Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:07