cc-europe - Re: [Cc-europe] [CCi] CC europe coordination

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-europe] [CCi] CC europe coordination
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 16:30:32 +0200
On 13 May 2008, at 13:25, Henrik Moltke wrote:

The appealing thing about this - at least for me - is that a: it´s closer (ok, not fair :P ) and b: there´s funding. I have previously pointed out that meeting as part of the COMMUNIA framework is great and practical for those already involved, it leaves out those of us not part of the club (and member of an institution). Then again, it would be a shame not to piggyback it, but we really need to figure out these money issues better.

i just wanted to get back to this point which was raised by henrik a while ago. one of the ways to get non communia cc project leads to those cc-europe meetings is to have another entity that is a communia member pay for them from the communia budget. for example we are paying for henriks trip to leuven. (which means that henrik participates in the communia conference in the name of KL).

given that there is a travel budget of €4800 per year per communia partner and given that attendance has not been very high in the past couple of events i suspect that there are more communia members who have room for constructions like this in their budgets. so i would suggest that those of us who want to go to the cc-europe meeting but are not part of communia indicate this on this list so that communia members who have room in their budget can step forward and 'adopt' them (of course that means that you will also have to attend the communia conference itself)

cheers, paul
--
Kennisland | Knowledgeland
t: +31 20 5756720 | m: +31 6 41374687