cc-education - Re: [cc-education] Second draft

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: Heather Ford <hford AT csli.stanford.edu>
  • To: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-education] Second draft
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:55:54 -0800

I don't see that anyone has actually responded to your attempts at compromise, David - I hope that they use this opportunity as you attempt to accommodate everyone. I like this draft. But I liked the other one better - especially because I wanted to see how the *larger* community would, in fact, use the license and how they would choose specific conditions (thereby relying on the community to decide the direction of development). I propose that if those opposed to your first draft (perhaps those people should identify themselves) are able to agree with your first draft, then I will be willing to initiate a research project to track the choices that people are making in terms of whether they're choosing formal or informal educational licensing - and will then report back to the community in a couple of months time.

This said, I am happy with the second draft - but for it's slightly blurry definition of who can use the license (which in effect means everyone) - can we perhaps say 'under the Education License, you require that learning-facilitators... ? if we're going to go with this? I understand that legal language is important here.

Heather.