bluesky - how to do censorship resistance (Re: Grapevine Technical Overview)

bluesky AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems

  • From: Adam Back <adam AT cypherspace.org>
  • To: Oskar Sandberg <oskar AT freenetproject.org>, Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems <bluesky AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: how to do censorship resistance (Re: Grapevine Technical Overview)
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:17:21 +0100

Graydon Hoare's symptomatic file system proposes a solution to the
censorship problem: a node is used only once, and is not advertised
until a replacement node is in place.

In this way, once you've found the content it has moved, so you never
learn information allowing you to censor information.

The downside is the overhead of the churn this will introduce.

Adam