bluesky - Re: Naming via SDSI

bluesky AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems

  • From: Tony Kimball <alk AT pobox.com>
  • To: bluesky AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Naming via SDSI
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:18:49 -0600 (CST)

Quoth Brandon on Tuesday, 6 March:
:
: ...resolve disputes...

I find it difficult to imagine how disputes could last, frankly:
Anyone who plans to stick around is going to be synchronizing with the
other registries as often as possible. Indeed, I can't see any sane
business reason not to run all the registries off of a single
meta-registry database. It's only when someone has the heady smell of
monopoly in their nostrils that they could seriously consider
disincluding any other competent registry.