baslinux - [BL] Putting Linux on a netbook

  • From: ln8d-on8g AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Putting Linux on a netbook
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 17:07:26 +1300

Message from Steven
===================

Sindi wrote:

> >> Do you plan to make the flash drive bootable?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> To DOS or linux?

To Puppeee.

> > Without the HD, the netbook will be lighter,
> > more durable and run cooler.
>
> It has a real hard drive or a solid state drive?

A real 160gb hard drive (SATA, I think). It's
by far the biggest HD I have. I've still got
80mb (!) hard drives in the garage.

> I think mine has SSD.

I wish I had a SSD in this one. Lighter, cooler and
shock resistant. The only reason I got the Eee was
for travelling, so weight and shock resistance matter.
I considered getting a tablet (android), but those
onscreen keyboards are hopeless. Even the original
Commodore PET keyboards were better:
http://www.commodore.ca/history/company/pet_preview/fig7_et_feb78.JPG