baslinux - Re: [BL] Putting Linux on a netbook

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Putting Linux on a netbook
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 19:51:57 +0000 (UTC)

I think mine has SSD.

I wish I had a SSD in this one. Lighter, cooler and
shock resistant. The only reason I got the Eee was
for travelling, so weight and shock resistance matter.
I considered getting a tablet (android), but those
onscreen keyboards are hopeless. Even the original
Commodore PET keyboards were better:
http://www.commodore.ca/history/company/pet_preview/fig7_et_feb78.JPG

We were given an old 233MHz Thinkpad with SSD plugged into the HD slot (attached to a thin piece of wood). They come in 1.8" and 2.5" sizes.
2.5" 80GB used on ebay sells for $40-50. They don't seem to be available in small sizes any more. I think ours is about 32MB.

There are bluetooth keyboards for tablets.