baslinux - Re: [BL] USB, Ethernet, Wifi, X on Toshiba Portege laptop

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB, Ethernet, Wifi, X on Toshiba Portege laptop
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 02:15:54 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014, ln8d-on8g AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Do you plan to make the flash drive bootable?

Yes.

To DOS or linux?

I have a netbook with another linux on it that
I would rather ran puppy.

Is it an Eee? Puppeee was designed specifically
for the Eee. A different version (I can't remember
the name) is recommended for other netbooks.

ASUS 901 from James, with external keyboard. He put Arch Linux on it.

I failed miserably making a bootable SD card.
It has no boot sector and I tried to make one.

Once I get the flash drive to boot, I hope to
install Puppeee to a 8gb SD card (which will stay
permanently in the Eee's SD slot). Then I will rip
out the HD (which has Windows on it). Without the
HD, the netbook will be lighter, more durable and
run cooler.

It has a real hard drive or a solid state drive?
I think mine has SSD.