baslinux - Re: [BL] USB, Ethernet, Wifi, X on Toshiba Portege laptop

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB, Ethernet, Wifi, X on Toshiba Portege laptop
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 22:32:39 +0000 (UTC)

I failed miserably making a bootable SD card.

Once I get the flash drive to boot, I hope to
install Puppeee to a 8gb SD card (which will stay
permanently in the Eee's SD slot). Then I will rip
out the HD (which has Windows on it). Without the
HD, the netbook will be lighter, more durable and
run cooler.

Ebay has $6.50 single-port and $18 dual-port SD to SATA adaptors that will let you use one or two SD cards as a 'hard drive'. Then you can use the SD card slot for transferring photos instead. (Or boot puppy into RAM and remove the card, or put the SD card in a USB adaptor to read it).

Let me know how you made the SD card bootable.

I wish BL supported SATA drives.