baslinux - Re: [BL] Mouse not working after new DVD installed

  • From: ln8d-on8g AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mouse not working after new DVD installed
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 06:59:39 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Ron wrote:

> It seems to me that the problem would be solved
> by getting those Linux distros to re-set the
> existing serial mouse. My question was how to go
> about that in BL.

In BL3 you are asked where the mouse is (COM1, COM2
or PS2). That determines which device is used for
the mouse. The mouse protocol is determined by Xvesa.

I suppose you've tried putting the mouse on a different
port? IIRC the COM ports use IRQs 3 and 4. If your
DVD is using one of those IRQs (which it shouldn't be)
then the other port may give you a usable IRQ.