baslinux - Re: [BL] Mouse not working after new DVD installed

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mouse not working after new DVD installed
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 00:32:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 16:00:15 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:
I have an odd one here. My CD burner died and I had it replaced
with a (second hand) DVD burner.
Then my mouse stopped responding (in X), either in DOS or any
of the 4 Linux distros I have on this machine.

Can you try a different type of mouse, such as serial or USB instead of
PS/2?

It IS a serial mouse. There is only one PS/2 socket on this machine,
and the keyboard is plugged into that.

Regards,
Ron

Try USB mouse or keyboard if you have USB ports.
Did you figure out which IRQs are being used in BL and in Knoppix for mouse and optical drive?
Did you try a different type of X?